- Activities: History, food, hiking, sea-kayaking, slow-biking.
- Start point: Florence, Italy.
- End-point: Venice Italy.
- Trip duration: 13 days/12 nights.
- Trips available: Year-round. Please note: this trip is only available for private groups of 6 or more, with departures scheduled on request. Because the trip is private it can be tailored in various ways to suit your group. For example, the trip can be shortened to fit your travel plans, or lengthened to take in other parts of Italy.
- Regular price: on request.
- 'Trips for Six' price: on request. Learn more.
- Included: 12 nights accommodation; 12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 10 dinners; all vehicle transfers; experienced guides throughout; admission fees for all the sites included in the itinerary: sea-kayak and bike hire.
- Activity level: As a general guideline participants should be comfortable walking 4-5 kms/2-3 miles/1-2 hours each day on footpaths that are sometimes uphill/downhill. The guides and hotel staff will help with luggage, but as another general guideline participants should be able to carry/roll their own luggage on walks of up to 5 minutes.
- Group size: 6-20 people.
Adventure & Ancient Medicine
Tuscany to Venice, special focusEnquire now
History, mystery, science and superstition on a special tour focused on ancient medicine in Italy.
From Tuscany to Venice this 13-day tour combines education with outdoor adventure. Expert guides will lead us through fascinating sites all with stories to tell – a remote monastery’s garden and apothecary; an anatomical theatre in the world’s oldest university; a 14th-century hospital decorated by Renaissance-era artists; cathedrals, palaces, museums and more.
Guided hiking, sea-kayaking and slow-biking adventures add an active element to the tour. The itinerary links the famous Italian destinations of Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice with lesser-known gems like Siena, Ferrara and the mountain villages of Camaldoli and Pruno.
As the location changes so does the cuisine. From the heart of Tuscany to the islands of Venice, from the mountains to the sea we'll enjoy healthy, delicious, nutritious meals and learn about Italian culture through its incredible food. Many evening meals are included in the tour, each carefully planned to reflect the local cuisine.
More about the accommodation:
A range of accommodations is available to suit each group’s budget. Unique accommodations options include a monastery-guesthouse more than 1000 years old, historic palaces in Florence and Venice and large farm-houses in the countryside.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.