- Activities: Hiking, sea-kayaking, biking, wildlife, history.
- Start point: Hobart, Tasmania.
- End-point: Hobart, Tasmania.
- Trip duration: You decide.
- Trips available: This trip is only available for private groups of six or more, with departures scheduled on request. Because the tours are private, they can be customised in various ways to suit your group.
- Price: on application. Contact us for more details.
- Included: All necessary ground-travel (vehicle, train and boat); accommodation (private rooms with en-suite bathrooms); several meals; experienced guides throughout; all access and admission fees; advice and assistance for travel in Australia before and after the tour.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be comfortable hiking 8-10 kms/5-6 miles/2-3 hours each day on trails that are sometimes uneven and uphill/downhill. The guides will help with luggage, but as another general guideline guests should be able to handle their own luggage.
- Group size: 6-24 people, private groups only.
Wombat heavenEnquire now
This page is under construction.
An active-travel road-trip around Australia's biggest island.
- Stage one: Hobart.
- Stage two:
- Stage three:
- Stage four:
More about the accommodation:
Nights 1, 2 & 7: An upscale hotel in central Hobart.
Nights 3 & 4: .
Nights 5 & 6:
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.