- Activities: Sea-kayaking, hiking, wildlife, scenic flight and boat travel.
- Start-point: Invercargill Airport, New Zealand.
- End-point: Queenstown Airport, New Zealand.
- Trip duration: 6 days/5 nights.
- Next trip: 25-30 November 2021.
- Other trips available: Year-round. Private trips for groups of 10 or more can be scheduled anytime.
- Price: NZ$2000.
- Included: 5 nights accommodation; all vehicle, ferry and water-taxi travel; scenic flight; 2 guided sea-kayaking trips; 2 evening meals; 2 yoga classes each day (days 2-5); short and long hikes each day.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be comfortable sea-kayaking or hiking 8-10 kms/5-6 miles/3-4 hours. The hiking trails will be sometimes uneven and uphill/downhill. Some familiarity with the fundamentals of yoga is required.
- Group size: 12-14 people.
Rakiura yoga adventure
Stewart IslandEnquire now
Yoga, hiking, sea-kayaking, wilderness experiences, wildlife encounters, several boat trips and a spectacular scenic flight - a six-day journey to Aotearoa’s southern frontier.
The trip will be wild, but you don't have to be. You won't have to be a yoga-ninja or a seasoned adventurer to enjoy this unique experience. The kayaking is in stable, double sea-kayaks and the hiking trails are not too hilly. The yoga will be tailored to suit you personally.
The journey covers latitudes 46-47 degrees south. In this ecological zone we can expect to see albatross soaring overhead, dolphins and penguins swimming the seas, sea-lions and fur-seals sunning themselves on rocky outcrops. This is Aotearoa’s wild south, where the Southern Ocean meets desolate, untracked beaches; where wildlife and wilderness live largely undisturbed.
- Five nights in Oban, the island’s sole settlement, with accommodation in two spacious, comfortable holiday-homes.
- Yoga led by Lucy Hodgins (Urban Yoga) - two sessions each day (days 2-5).
- Two guided sea-kayaking trips in the sheltered, pristine waters of Paterson Inlet.
- A scenic flight around Rakiura’s north-east region, across a vast wilderness including the Ruggedy Range, Codfish Island and Mason Bay, one of NZ’s most remote beaches.
- A half-day hike along the Rakiura Track, one of NZ’s Great Walks, and several other guided walks around the island.
- A visit to the predator-free bird sanctuary Ulva Island.
- Several late-evening kiwi-listening/kiwi-spotting walks. Oban is the only town on earth where kiwi are regularly heard and seen.
- Three trips by water-taxi around Rakiura’s beautiful coast.
- Return fast-ferry travel between Bluff and Rakiura, Stewart Island.
- All necessary vehicle transport throughout the six days, from pick-up at Invercargill Airport to drop-off at Queenstown Airport.
More about the accommodation.
The group will be accommodated in two large, warm and modern holiday-homes; 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in total. Both houses have great views, well-equipped kitchens and large dining/lounge areas for social get-togethers. All linen and towels are provided.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.