From the canals of Venice to the piazzas of Florence, from mountain villages to outer islands, our programs take students beyond tourism and into real Italy.
We are Italian* and so are our Italy study program guides. We know this country: the land, the language, the culture, the cuisine, the history. As you travel you’ll have our years of experience and extensive network of local connections on your side.
All of our international study programs are designed to fit the visiting group's study needs, timetable and budget. Talk to us about the sort of trip you envisage and together we'll come up with an itinerary to suit.
Our Italy accommodation options for student groups include small hotels and guest-houses, hostels, back-country huts, farm-stays and wilderness campsites. Programs can include:
- guest speakers on subjects including art history, food-culture, National Park management and sustainable tourism issues;
- hikes along medieval-era pilgrimage routes and through spectacular World Heritage areas such as Cinque Terre and the Dolomites;
- sea-kayak journeys around Venice or along the coastline of Elba Island;
- cycle-tours through beautiful, bike-friendly towns like Parma and Ferrara;
- privately-guided visits to some of the world’s finest art galleries, cathedrals and museums;
- cooking classes and language lessons;
- genuine experiences of everyday Italian life at market-days, traditional festivals, community projects and sports events.
*Tamarillo Active Travel is owned and directed by Marina Mantovani and Anthony Norris, both dual-citizens of Italy and New Zealand.
Photo credits. Fiji, Ian Trafford. New Zealand, Lake Wanaka Tourism. Australia, Garth Oriander/Tourism Australia.