- Activities: Sea-kayaking, hiking, food, culture.
- Start/end-point: Florence, Italy.
- Trip duration: 10 days/9 nights.
- Trips available: February-June; September-December. Please note: this trip is only available for private groups of 6 or more, with departures scheduled on request. Because the trip is private it can be tailored in various ways to suit your group. For example, the trip can be shortened to fit your travel plans, or lengthened to take in other parts of Italy.
- Price: This depends on the size of the group and the season of travel. Contact Tamarillo for more details.
- 'Trips for Six' price: Contact Tamarillo for more details. Learn more.
- Included: 6 guided sea-kayaking trips including all necessary equipment; 4 days guided hiking with additional guided hikes in the event marine conditions prevent any sea-kayaking trips from running as planned; 9 nights accommodation (private rooms with en-suite bathrooms); 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners; all vehicle travel and support; all local train and ferry travel; experienced guides throughout; advice and assistance for travel in Italy before and after the tour.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be comfortable sea-kayaking or hiking 8-10 kms/5-6 miles/3-4 hours daily. Trails are sometimes uneven underfoot, with uphill/downhill sections. The guides will help with luggage where possible, but guests should be prepared to carry their own luggage to/from their accommodation, which can sometimes be a walk of up to 5 minutes with stairs.
- Group size: 6-16 people.
- Private groups: Trips can be scheduled for private groups anytime, with itineraries tailor-made. Minimum size for private groups: 6 people.
Liguria & Elba Island
Sea-kayak ItalyEnquire now
Combining glittering seas, small islands and picturesque villages this ten-day road-trip offers new perspectives on Italy away from the crowds.
The Ligurian coastline - Italy's riviera - the mountains of north Tuscany, the island of Elba: this is a taste of Italy’s incredible natural, cultural and culinary diversity. Six sea-kayaking journeys and four great hikes, all led by experienced guides. You’ll travel in safety on and off the water and get an insight into the unique aspects of each stop along the way.
You don’t need to be an expert paddler or an in-shape athlete but some sea-kayaking ability, an average level of fitness and general good health will all be necessary. You’ll work up quite an appetite with all this activity. Fortunately in Italy fine food is never far away. Whether it’s a simple beach-picnic or a convivial dinner-party, each meal included in the tour will highlight that particular location’s traditional cuisine.
- Days 1/2/3/4: The villages and islands of Portovenere and Cinque Terre National Park.
- Days 4/5/6: Portofino, glamorous heart of the Riviera at the edge of a rugged coastal wilderness.
- Day 6/7/8: Remote villages and quiet mountain trails in the Alpi Apuane range of north Tuscany.
- Days 8/9/10: Elba Island: ancient villages, beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters.
More about the accommodation:
For the first 3 nights of the tour we’ll stay right on the water’s edge in a hotel in Portovenere’s neighbouring village Le Grazie.
Nights 4 & 5 will be spent in the stylish Riviera town of Santa Margherita Ligure.
High in the Alpi Apuane coastal range sits the tiny village of Pruno (population: 75), our base for nights 6 & 7. Here we’ll stay in vacation apartments scattered throughout the village.
On Elba Island, nights 8 & 9, we’ll stay in a small hotel in the laid-back seaside town of Marciana Marina.
All three hotels (nights 1-3, 4-5 and 8-9) have 3-star ratings. Moves to either more upscale or budget accommodations nearby are available upon request.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.